1. These terms and conditions of sale apply to and incorporated in every contract for the sale to any buyer of equipment by Equip Hire (PTY) Limited, referred as Equip Hire.
2. Account customers to issue orders before equipment is collected or delivered.
3. Equipment correctly supplied are not returnable.
4. Equipment not returnable after 3 working days from collection/delivery.
5. All or any part of work to be carried out by the company may be carried out by it or on its behalf by any agent or sub-contract appointed by it.
6. Under no circumstance will any electrical items be returnable.
7. Time is not of the essence and dates for the delivery of the equipment are approximate dates only and subject to the availability of the equipment.
8. The company shall have the right to cancel the contract and the purchaser shall have no claim of any nature whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
9. Customer should strictly submit correct particulars required i.e. (I.D / Valid passport) to ensure smooth processing of their order.
10. DISMANTLING AND QUOTING
In the event of it being necessary to strip and/or dismantle any equipment in order to prepare a quotation for repairs, the following conditions shall apply:
- The company shall be entitled to dismantle the equipment to such an extent as it may deem necessary in order to prepare the said quotation.
- The customer shall be liable for all costs incurred by the company in dismantling the said equipment and which shall be charged at the company’s current rates: and
- In the event of the customer not accepting the company’s quotation, the customer shall accept and remove the equipment in its striping –down condition, provided that the customer shall be permitted to remove the equipment once payment has been made to the company of its reasonable expense incurred in the stripping and in the preparation of the quotation.
Should the customer not collect the work at the appropriate time, or should the company for any other reason have to store the equipment, the company shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the equipment, irrespective of how much loss or damage occurs, and irrespective of whether it is in any way attributable to the negligence of the company or any of its servants, agents or subcontractors. The company shall be entitled to levy reasonable storage charges as well as any other charges incurred in the preservation of the customer.
12. LOSS OR DAMAGE
The company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused which is suffered by the customer in respect of any equipment, or items in any equipment, or any other items or equipment left or deposited with company, whilst such equipment, items are on the premises of the company or on the premises of any agent employee or sub-contractors of the company for the purpose of performing the work on the equipment. It is agreed that the company shall expressly be employee, agents or sub-contractors.
13. PARTS SALES
- In the event of the customer purchasing parts from the company, it is expressly agreed that the company provides no warranty that the parts supplied will be fit for the purpose for which they may be intended by the customer.
- The company shall not be liable for any loss caused by the part failure where parts are sold to any customer and thereafter fitted to any equipment by the customer. it is hereby agreed that this exclusion shall cover the company and exempt it from the loss for all and any damages suffered by any customer, whether such loss relates to loss of profit or damages, whether direct or indirect, consequential or otherwise foreseen or otherwise.
14. VIS MAJOR
- The customer shall have no claim of any nature against Equip Hire for any failure by Equip Hire to carry out any of its obligations under the contract as a result of vis major.
- Without affecting the generality thereof, vis major shall include strikes, lockouts, accidents shortages or unavailability of raw materials from normal sources or routes of supply, shortages or unavailability of labor, any defaults or delay of subcontractors, political or civil disturbances, the elements, any act of any other authority of any cause beyond Equip Hire reasonable control.
15. Equip Hire reserves the right to amend these general terms and conditions from time to time as it may deem fit.